Enrollment-Registration / Medical Requirements

Kindergarten Information

Kindergarten Orientation Information

Registration Requirements

Requisitos de Inscripcion



Early Alert: Changes to required immunizations beginning 

2019-2020 school year - Click here for more information

Registration Requirements

Related Documents:


  • Parents Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry - English Spanish





Immunizations must be current before registering. 


Parent(s) or Guardian(s) need to provide the following information to the local school when registering:


1.  Proof of Current Immunization


Parents must show proof of the following number of immunizations:

          3 Polio*

          4 DPT*

          2 MMR

          3 Hepatitis B

          2 Varicella**

* One additional Polio or DPT may be needed if the child was under 4 years of age at the time of the last immunization.

** If child has had chicken pox, a physician must provide a medical waiver.


CHDP PHYSICALS click here for form

California state law also mandates a physical exam for every child entering the first grade. This helps to identify health problems that may hinder learning. You are strongly encouraged to obtain this physical before Kindergarten, as the CHDP physical may be completed up to 18 months before entering first grade. Click here for Clinic Information for your convenience, or you may use your personal physician.


ORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT click here for form

California state law now requires that your child have an oral health assessment by May 31 in kindergarten or first grade, whichever is his or her first year of public school. Oral health assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be performed by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional.


***7-12 grade students must have the tdap vaccination (see attached letter)


2.  Proof of Address (bring one of the following):

  • Home Ownership Title

  • Deed to Property

  • Lease/Rental Agreement

  • Current Utility Bill (i.e. power, gas, water)

Please Note:  P.O. Box Address may be used for your mailing address but NOT for a residence address.  Notarized statements nor power of attorney may NOT be used to establish a legal residence.


3.  Original birth certificate (county issued) - A birth certificate is requested for age verification.


4.  Completed Enrollment Form


5.  Request for School Placement Form  - click here for form


6.  Home Language Survey (students new to CA schools ONLY) - click here for form

7.  Current IEP (Special Education Students Only)


8.  Transcript of grades or recent report card for high school registration.  The enrolling school may contact the former school for grade placement.


**Students may NOT enroll who are currently suspended or expelled from their previous school.


Guardianship or Custody Transfers to a person(s) in the school zone:

The guardian/custodian of a child must provide the original copy of the court ordered decree transferring guardianship or custody.  The order must be executed by the appropriate state court and probated.  If the child is from out-of-state, the school will accept the court ordered decree from the court of jurisdiction over the child.  Notarized statements from the legal guardian/custodians will NOT be accepted.  Power of attorney will NOT be accepted.  


Copies of the Court Ordered Custody Agreements:

Copies of the court ordered custody agreements restricting visitation from non-custodial parent(s) must be filed in the main office.